Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Melissa's Baby Shower

I have prayed and prayed that we would make it to this day! The long wait that it has been to have a pregnancy to celebrate and then have a shower to plan......called for one very special shower! Paige, Lindsay and I have been planning for months!

As our guests arrived, we asked them to sign a diaper with either something funny or a sentimental message...Melissa and Neal would read these messages during their many diaper changes in the days to come! We also had each guest measure how big (not really very big) they thought Mel's baby bump was....Christy Mixon, who just delivered her second baby a few weeks ago won. Then we had a game for the Pop-Culture lover.....20 celebrity baby/kids names....each parent's name listed scored a point. My good friend Gail Good won!!!

Then we surprised Melissa with a video interview with Neal. Neal had come over last Monday. I asked him questions about the pregnancy, Melissa, and the baby. There were lots of laughs and tears! Neal did amazing! He just rolled through the questions....we didn't even start over once.....he was so well spoken and sweet! It was exactly what I had imagined!

Mel's chair:

Me, Melissa and My Mom
Thank you sooooooooooo much mom for being here! You are always such an amazing help! You are so creative and thoughtful and just make everything prettier!!! There was pink tulle framing the front door, woven in and out of the food arrangement and surrounding the punch bowl. It looked so adoreable! Not only did she fly in on a very busy week....she also made Melissa some very special gifts! She found some really neat "fairy" fabrics. Melissa loved all of that! She made her blankets, bibs, and several burp cloths! It was such a special weekend and I am so thankful that my mom was a part of it!!!!

"E" Peti fours for Baby Emery!

Pink punch with pink sugar rim! And Champaigne for toasting!

The food table...

One of the best moments came when I told Melissa we had one more gift for her! I got to wheel out her stroller/car seat travel system!!! I had tied big balloons all over it! She was completely overwhelmed....there were tears....it was an awesome feeling to get them something that they needed so much! Lindsay, Paige, Paige's mom and I all went in together!


Mel came over to see her stroller and then instantly gave me a big hug! Then went straight to Paige and Lindsay to give them a big hug too! I thought that was so sweet!

I was so excited to give Neal & Melissa this bib! UTEP! Jess & Neal....say Go Miners!

One of the last pics of the 3 of us! Soon Emery will make us a 4some!!! We love you Baby girl already and can't wait for you to join us!!!

I LOVE planning parties, showers, etc. But this is one that I have been looking forward to for so long! It was kind of wierd planning it without Melissa as we usually throw parties together....but it was amazing doing this for her! I was so honored to be a part of it! This is something that they have wanted for a very long time.....and I can tell you (Neal and Melissa)....Miss Emery will not disappoint! She WILL BE WORTH THE WAIT!!!! She wouldn't be Emery if she had been born at any other time. (think about that) This is the baby that you were suppose to have....at the time that God saw fitting! You are about to experience such an incredible kind of love! We love all 3 of you!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Paige said...

Great party, I had fun planning it with you. I love what you said at the end, God's timing is perfect and although the struggles are frustrating and not how we plan, it is comforting to know that He has it right...every time. What a miracle!