3:07 pm
5 lbs. 13 oz. ~ 18 and 1/2 inches long
Emery Nicole Staab was born this week! A little bit early....she was actually due to arrive on May 1 (Ty's birthday)...but she was ready! Melissa was diagnosed with preeclasmia a little over a week ago. She had gone in for her weekly appointment. She was swelling really bad and I was very suspicious that something was up. Her blood pressure was very high and there was sudden weight gain...they admitted her that afternoon and said she was staying there until the baby was born. Originally, they set her induction date for April 16....but Easter Sunday Mel's blood pressure continued to go up despite meds, protein levels were increasing and her all around comfort level was deteriorating! They decided on Sunday evening that they would go ahead and start the induction that night. I told her nothing would happen overnight after they inserted the Cervadil cream. Oops....I was wrong! It didn't do anything to me! Mel went into labor that night. She also got very sick. They gave her so many meds! I know they were trying to manage her BP to keep her from seizing or have a stroke (which were possibilities) but still....she was drugged up! Once she had an epidural she was able to relax and rest. She called me a couple of times when she was in labor and doesn't remember talking to me! I had planned on coming up to the hospital in the morning to give her a pep talk before they started pitocin, but by the time I heard from Neal she was in full blown labor. She called me at one point....following a text that said she was 3 cm.....and told me that she was ready to go! What????? I thought she was just at a 3! She flew right to a 10!!!! I wasn't sure if she truly knew what she was talking about she sounded so drugged...but I didn't care....I told her I would be right there and Kate and I took off! It was about 11:00ish....just as I got there, Neal came out and said that she had pushed 3 times but was going to take an hour break. I am guessing they wanted her to labor down and to help the meds to wear off a bit. She would just fall asleep while pushing and while talking to the doctor. I was sooooo thankful I got to go in and see her during this break. I got to just put my hand on her head and say a little prayer. Her mom, Betty (Neal's mom) and I got to tell her to push with all her might so that we can all meet this sweet angel! It was a really special moment! Although I am not sure Melissa will really remember it....I WILL! And I know Neal will as well. I felt like I got to help her......and being that I had a tough delivery too.....it was important for me to try to help her through hers as well. She also ended up pushing for a very long time. But she did so good! Neal said she stayed focused the whole time! Finally, at 3:07 pm.....she was here! With a little time, everyone was healthy! Thank goodness. It was a scary ordeal....but momma and baby were doing great by Wednesday and were able to go home!
Paige and I waiting....and waiting....and waiting! It was so fun to share this time with Paige and the families! And notice my little sleeping angel! Kate was unbelievably awesome the whole day! God blessed me with this perfect baby girl and gave me just an incredible day with her! He knew how important it was to me to be there for Mel and Kate never made it difficult for me to do that. Thank you Kate!
Melissa and her baby girl! Finally! This was day 2! She really didn't get to hold her very much at all the first day because of all of the medication. But she is holding her now!!!
Melissa's parents walking Kate up and down the L&D halls waiting for Emery to arrive!
Debra and Eddie came up to meet Emery! Thank goodness for Debra's snack supply! She saved poor Kate! She was so hungry! Kate was shoving food into her mouth...and so Eddie started putting food into her mouth too!
Aunt Natalie got to hold Baby Emery for the first time!
Emery's first bow!
Kate gave her new friend a kiss! She has been very sweet to Baby Emery! I am so thankful for her initial response. She has been known to be jealous...and not so nice to other babies....Marley, other friends. Melissa is a very special person to Kate. Mel and Neal see her so often and they always pay her lots of attention so we could see her possibly a bit confused as to why she wasn't the center of their attention still. ha ha So far so good though. 4 kisses already!!!!
I am so proud of Melissa! Melissa and Neal have both been through a lot to get to this point. You are going to be wonderful parents! And you are going to have so much fun....and fall so deeply in love! I am so happy for you and will be there every step of the way! Love you 3.....
http://natandty.blogspot.com/2008/11/special-baby-on-way.html




No comments:
Post a Comment