Sunday, March 28, 2010

A Day in Southlake...

Many of you know that we have been looking at houses in Southlake for about a year. We had really been looking hard in the fall....and then backed off around the holidays. I've been so torn about it....I LOVE my current house! Love it! I like many things about my neighborhood....my great neighbors, the church where I attend Mom2Mom...which is where Kate would go to preschool next year, all the conveniences of this area of town...minutes from the Galleria and Willow Bend Mall. The closeness to so many friends. I can get to Ty's office in 15-20 minutes for lunch! But we have had a few problems....and we are just thinking that long term we would love to be in an area that has a true "community" feel, has excellent schools, and you can have nice, big yards. Southlake has all of that! We had an appointment to go see a couple of houses a few weeks ago. My sweet friends Gail and Jen wanted to get together that day....but I told them about our appointment. They suggested we go to Southlake Town Square to shop and then take the kids out to lunch! I was so excited that they would come spend the day over there with me! I have been having such a hard time with the idea of moving away from my friends and support system....so having a couple of my friends with me on a day that I was going to look at what would potentially become my future home really gave me a sense of peace and calm!

We enjoyed a little shopping! The kids were great but were all starting to get hungry. So we decided to drive across the street to Central Market. They have a wonderful play area for the kids. And it was an absolutely gorgeous day...so we could sit outside and eat and the kids could run around and play! They all had a great time! They drove over to the first house with me to see the outside before heading home. This was a completely different house hunting day for me! I know it had so much to do with the fact that I had friends with me.

This day would turn out to be a very, very special day! I know what is going to happen....I will have to fill you in a little later.... ;)

My beautiful baby doll wearing one of my favorite recent dresses her "Boopi" made her! I love gray and yellow together......very sweet!



Future "dragon"????.....looking more and more like it! Every school's mascot is the "dragon" in Southlake!

Beautiful Mommy Gail and Sweet Baby Olivia! This little one is the best baby I have ever been around. She rarely opens her eyes! She just snoozes away in her carrier all the time! It's the craziest thing to me. Miss Kate was soooooo not like that!

Jen and Little Emme loving on Baby Olivia! I call Emerson a "little mommy"! She loves babies! So sweet!

The Good Girls! Adorable!!!

Mommy Jen and Luke

Kate and Emme

3 comments:

Paige said...

I know you will be sad to not be so close to your plano area friends, but you will be SO super close to me!!!! I timed it today from my pedi's office right by Timarron to my exit off 30...less than 30 minutes!! It will be so easy for us to meet up places and have play dates. I am so glad to get you and Kate closer!!!

Paige said...

I know you will be sad to not be so close to your plano area friends, but you will be SO super close to me!!!! I timed it today from my pedi's office right by Timarron to my exit off 30...less than 30 minutes!! It will be so easy for us to meet up places and have play dates. I am so glad to get you and Kate closer!!!

Paige said...

I know you will be sad to not be so close to your plano area friends, but you will be SO super close to me!!!! I timed it today from my pedi's office right by Timarron to my exit off 30...less than 30 minutes!! It will be so easy for us to meet up places and have play dates. I am so glad to get you and Kate closer!!!