"The lady" (mgr or something) goes and talks to the sweet teacher and she comes back and says...."well..." uh oh. I mean I knew she prefaced us coming in to try out the class with things like...."this class is really settled", "she wouldn't want a new student coming in and taking away instruction time from the already settled kids"...."how we might not be able to get her recital outfit in time", etc. She was still saying the same things today....and throwing how it might not be fair to Kate to put her in a class she might not be ready for. Although at the beginning she told me it usually takes the girls about a month to get settled into class. So she offered for us to come back and "try it again" next week but pretty much said it she would NOT be able to participate in the recital! :( Well, I wouldn't think it would "fair" to put Kate in a dance class for 4 months (recital at the end of May) and us be around the moms and kids who are going to be in the recital and then her not get to be????? I don't think all of this would have happened if we had started in the fall or the class wouldn't have been as full....but I feel like it was all strangely handled! Gail and I were shocked! So strange. I think that is a bit much for a 2-year-old dance class! So glad Kate isn't old enough to understand any of this. It hurt my feelings.....
So I said this lady ruined our fun girl time with Gail and Ava! But I did catch a couple of adorable pics of the girls!




2 comments:
Sorry natalie! That is very strange! Halle's class is still accepting new students and the owner is making arrangements for the new students to take part in the recital. Hopefully, you will find a different place that isn't so strict about everything. She's two and they are supposed to enjoy it and have fun....there is plenty of time to be serious about it later on.
What a weirdo! She took it way too seriously. Kate will do so well at Powerhouse and you will probably be so glad that it worked out that way.
Post a Comment