Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Pirate Ship

While we were staying at the Westin...we could see the marina from our room and we could see the Pirate Ship take off every morning! It fires off its cannon three times while setting out for sea! And Kate wanted to watch it sail all the way out of sight each morning...

So we started talking about going on the pirate ship as soon as the family joined us in Mexico!

Here is a few of my favorite pics from that night!

Kate loved this Pirate!

Waiting for the pirate ship...

A lady came walking by with this big Macaw and let us see him! I was not so sure about this random bird sitting on Ty's shoulder with Kate right on his lap (worried for both of them)...but all was fine!

The ship and a pretty sunset!

Boarding the ship...

The pirates put on quite a show! They kicked things off BIG TIME with a total dance party! YMCA, My Heart Will Go On (Club Version), we were cracking up...wasn't exactly what we think of when we think pirates....but I have to say the Mexican Dance Party pirates are much more fun!

Kate getting into the dance moves! Love it! I've got video too!


Jared and I in pirate jail...

The pirates performed the first Dance Party portion of the show....then they perform an Aztec tribal dance. These guys were great! This picture shows a guy who did a sacrificial performance with fire. It was crazy! He put his chest over the fire...his arms...his feet! Kate did not know what to think! It was really neat though! They did a great job on this portion of the show!

And then the final performance of the night was exactly what I was expecting and hoping for! A real pirate show! Sword fights and acrobats! I really loved the "star of the show" pirate! He was so great! He was also so nice to Kate! I was ready to get his guy a movie deal after the evening was over! He was amazing rattling off a sentence or two in English and follow it completely smooth in Spanish...I would rarely even notice that he was doing that! He really made the whole night so much fun! We all had a great time!

2 comments:

JaReD said...

As the pirate star would say...

"This blog is great! Este blog es genial!"

RyAnn Thompson said...

pirate ship, boom!