Sunday, January 17, 2010

Fun in the Sun in Mexico!

The first several days that we were there...Kate kept saying "Let's go pool"..."Let's go swim!" over and over. First thought in her head each morning!

RyAnn and Jared got to the pool early afternoon on the 19th, so we had a really fun first day at the pool!

After talking about going down the water slide for a few days, Kate finally bought into the idea. All of the sudden one day...she just said..."Go down the slide". So Ty hustled over to the slide with her and I ran to get the camera. Ty slide down with her. He leaned back when they hit the water trying to keep her head above water...but they both ended up going under. I thought she would be really upset....but when she came up we were all cheering for her and she recovered really fast! So she did it....but when asked....she did NOT want to do it again! ha ha

Uncle Jared decided to go down head first!

GiGi, Aunt RyRy and Kate on the beach

Kate got to paint for the first time ever! She absolutely loved it! She was really trying hard! She got to pick out what she wanted paint...and she chose a puppy! I kind of laughed...there were dolphins, turtles, fish...you know...I thought those might say "Puerta Vallarta" a little more than a puppy...but that is what she wanted! I have told her that when the weather gets warmer here we will let her start painting more!

Kate loved riding around in this boat that GiGi brought for her!

They even had a trampoline by the pool! Kate loved running around on it and started jumping better!

Kate loves Uncle Jared and Aunt RyRy! She called RyAnn and Jared "my friends" all week! Cracked us up! "Where'd my friends go?" "I want my friends"....she kept saying! "I want to go wake up my friends!" and so on...


2 comments:

Paige said...

HOw fun! Makes me excited for this summer at the pool and the lake. That is so funny Kate calls them her friends, Blake does the same thing! She will walk into a room with family in it and say "all our friends are here!", they are such a cute age, don't I always say that ? :) Can't wait to see you tonight! We have a lot of catching up to do! Blake is going to the doctor today to discuss a treatment plan for her social anxiety. Poor thing, she just gets so scared!

RyAnn Thompson said...

I miss you guys and Mexico! What a fun time we all had.....is it time to go back yet? I wish!