Tuesday, January 19, 2010

In her own words...."I No Like Sand!"

Kate does NOT like sand! The first day we were there we stood her up on the sand to take a walk....and she froze! Would not move at all! So we kept trying throughout the week. One afternoon, Kate was in clothes and we all took a walk down to the beach...Ty decided to go for a swim in the ocean. She decided she would like to try out this "sand thing" again. So I just decided to take her clothes off and let her try it in her diaper! Nope....still doesn't like sand!!! ha ha She would NOT put down any limbs at all! She was trying so hard not to touch the ichy sand!

She is a bit of a neat freak! (I said that to her one day and she said "no, I'm a mommy freak!) Ha ha ha She is definitely that too!

She looks like a little Cali surfer baby boy here to me:

Look at the way she holds her hands.....totally not digging it!

But we finally figured out a way to trick her into enjoying the beach! We laid down some beach towels and bought her some sand castle buidling toys! And she started to warm up to the idea!



We buried Jared in the sand! Kate didn't really like that....


By the end of the week....we were building sand castles and eating ice cream on the beach! As long as we she was on the towel....Kate was happy!

I love hanging out on the beach...so I was glad she finally came around! I love listening to the waves crash, the sound of kids running around playing, the view of the mountains, I love that the sun feels warmer down by the beach.....ahhhhhh....it's great!

2 comments:

Paige said...

What a nice vacation! It's good to hear that even easy going kids like Kate sometimes take a while to warm up to things too :)

Hartsock family blog said...

So fun! Would love to be on the beach:) Kate is such a cutie. Next time you guys swing through we would love to see you!