All the Sesame Street characters were in it....Kate is a huge fan of so many of them! Elmo has always been her fav....but Abby, Big Bird, Count, and many others have moved up the ranks! We learned that she has a crush on "Ernie". Everytime he would leave the stage she would call for him...."Ernie!" and ask us "Ernie go?"....which is her new way of asking where something/someone is! (leaving off the "where" at the beginning of that sentence...) So cute though! We would play along with her asking her where he went...and then he would come back on stage and she was squeeling and giggling....much like she does with my brother Zack!
She sat on my lap motionless with her mouth open for the first 2 songs. I think she was overwhelmed! But after that...she swayed back and forth to the music for all the remaining song. It was precious! By the end, she was having her little Elmo dance on her lap while she danced on my lap! (I've got it on video!)
Ty and I got a kick out of the intermission. My sister Jennifer had warned me...and she was right...they come down with 200 Elmo balloon bouquets down every isle. We were hoping Kate wouldn't see them. But of course, they started spreading all over the audience. So wrong of them....and they charge $10 each! But then our baby starts saying "Ya~Ya..boon" (Elmo balloon)...we had to! So we along with SO MANY others had to hide our $10 Elmo balloon under our knees for the rest of the show!




2 comments:
What a fun time! I want to take Blake to see that when it comes back, it looks much more entertaining than backyardigans live was.
How fun! I remember going as a kid too to shows and loved it! I loved the Ice Capades as well! A friend had told me about the Elmo balloons when they went & he was so appalled they were $10, ha :) Glad you had a good time!
Post a Comment