Monday, March 9, 2009

Playdates!

We had two fun playdates last week with two of our favorite girls! Our first stop was Ava's house! Kate and Ava have been friends for about a year now! Kate actually had a bit of a hard time this day. She was being rather bossy to Little Ava....telling her no a lot and pushing her away from something that she had claimed as hers....even though it was all Ava's stuff! I was really upset with Kate's behavior. She was being mean at times to such a sweet friends of ours! I think Kate may be intimidated by Ava's beauty! ha ha We have things to work on....needless to say!

They finally played really well together in Ava's little sitting area. It is so cute bc it looks like a stage! Kate (who loves the spotlight) got up and started dancing! Ava watched with a big smile on her face! Then they were both happy! It was really adoreable! Ava got into the spirit by adding a St. Paddy's hat!!! Too cute!!!



Next stop....Blake's "Ommy's" house! Paige's mom is living in Southlake now....so we met up for a morning playdate! Of course, Blake and Kate have been friends for exactly 19 months....when they were born on the same day....their mommies made it a point for them to be very good friends! These birthday twins are soooooo cute together! I just love to see them play! Blake is talking so well now! She says a lot of words very clearly! They still didn't quite play together like we were thinking....again....more fighting over the same toys....but they finally found common interest when we took them outside! Kate did much better playing with Blake...she was working on being "nice"! ha ha Poor Blake is sensitive and she got her feelings hurt a few times. She would go to her mommy and say "sorry"...although it was usually Kate who needed to apologize. It is clear to me that Kate is going to be assertive and aggressive....qualilties I will love her having later in life.....but as a toddler it is going to be a challenge!

Kate and Blake gave each other a High Five! They liked that!!!

1 comment:

Paige said...

That was fun, I like the one on one playdates, I think it is easier for them to work on their social skills and easier for us to talk and chill a little. Let me know next time you wake up at the crack of dawn and I will let you know if we have anything going on...we can meet at my mom's or here!