Monday, February 16, 2009

Happy Valentine's!

Kate's Valentines started rolling in... Her Aunt RyAnn & Uncle Jared got her "A Big Book of Animals". She loves it! She loves looking at animals and making the appropriate noises! Then she got an Edible Arrangement from her Gigi & Poppy. Oh, we love chocolate covered strawberries!

Daddy took us to Bread Winners for breakfast! Since Ty made his move to Morgan Stanley on Friday (post to explain coming soon...), he was going to be working all weekend! We had a yummy meal to start our day!

I had planned on meeting Melissa at the Galleria in the morning....so I thought we would go ahead and go to the play area. She had so much fun! She was all over the place.....squeeling in delight! I showed her how to climb up this rock thing that had about 5 steps....then slide down the slide. She was running around and I hear this woman say "look at the little one"....Kate had climbed those rock stairs by herself and was getting ready to go down the slide! Cracked me up!

By the time we met up with Melissa, Hillary, & Lindsay... Kate was very tired. We were standing there visiting and Kate just fell asleep. We decided to go ahead and try to go to lunch. Grand Lux has big boothes....so I thought just maybe she would lay down on one and sleep! Sure enough....she took an almost 2 hour nap....while at the mall! It was great! She was so good after that! She played with make-up brushes at Sephora....she walked around holding mine or Melissa's hand....what a good little shopping buddy we had that day!

We made Valentine's for our two cousins....Luke and Marley. Kate colored on them and help me pick things that her cousins love to put on them. Like...Lukey had a football on his and Marley's had a fish! But then Kate asked me to make one for "Zacky".....her heart throb.....my brother Zack!!! ha ha So we made one for Zack too!

Kate also got two cute outfits & matching bows from mommy and daddy. Boopi and Papa got Kate the "Little People" Valentine's set! Bundy sent Kate a kitty card valentine! Grandma Great also sent a Valentine card! And neighbor Lizzie gave Kate a candy valentine!

Mommy got pretty red roses, a box of chocolates (yummy) and a pair of gold shoes so that Kate and I can match!!! Daddy got a new shirt and a pair of crocs flip flops that haven't made it here yet.

1 comment:

RyAnn Thompson said...

Kate looks like she doubled in size...or maybe its the long hair...I miss her...