I asked Kate to pose pretty for me....she said "like this???"
My sweet baby ready for her first school experience!
"Ready to go Mommy!!!"
Cutest backpack I could find! Love it!
We were actually early! It was raining but we had to get one more picture before we walked in the school!
Here is Kate's little cubby where she puts her back pack and rest mat everyday when we get there!
Good-bye my sweet girl!!!! She forgot to say good-bye! :(......
She was so distracted by the teacher and seeing all the new toys...she forgot to look back! Probably for the best for Mommy! I was a wreck! Not to be leaving her....but just the start of less time together for us. The realization that she is growing up so very quickly. And I am just a sap in general....so it was best for me to just go outside...get in my car....and was very thankful I didn't wear mascara!
I chose to treat myself to a pumpkin spice latte and do a little retail therapy! I felt better when I was out and about rather than in my car thinking it. And once I got going....the time past really quickly. I did not get nearly as much done as I had hoped...and barely had time to eat lunch before it was time to go pick her up! I was surprised!
I was very excited to go pick her up and hear about her first day! She was busy playing when I got there. She told me she was "making french fries" when I got there. She was playing with play dough!
When I was carrying her out to the car, I told her that she forgot to tell me goodbye! She stopped, looked at me, and said "Goodbye Mommy".....then gave me one of her romantic kisses (ha ha ha) and a big hug! My sweet girl....
Now, we haven't been back since.....because, naturally, Kate got sick after once day of school! Ugh....little kiddo germs. She started out with a runny nose and sneezy on Thursday. Friday, she seemed fine...but Saturday night in the middle of the night she started coughing and wheezing. By Saturday she was in respiratory distress and we had to make a trip to the Urgent Care for Kids clinic. Ugh! They gave her oral steriods and a breathing treatment. (She wasn't responding well to our breathing treatments at home.) She was much better on Sunday. They wanted us to go to a follow-up appointment on Monday so we drove to Plano to go to the doc....and Sissy tested positive for strep throat! My goodness! So....we now get to add antibiotics to the list of medicines that she is on for the week! Hopefully she will be ok to return to school on Thursday this week. She is acting very normal again...and with antibiotics in her system she won't be contagious by then...and hopefully won't catch anything else. At least for a week or so.....




2 comments:
Blake hasn't been back either. The school flooded on thursday and she is coughing and snotty today. I will try to send her on thursday too.
Awwww, cute pictures of her. She is growing up so fast! Glad everyone is feeling better now and hopefully she won't catch anything for awhile.
Post a Comment