Monday, September 6, 2010

Meet the Teacher

Kate is starting her very first school experience tomorrow morning! We went to "Meet the Teacher" last Friday morning. Kate was really excited and interested in checking out her classroom!

As soon as she walked in the door, she stopped at this table which the teacher says will be filled with many different things depending on the day. Somedays rice....water, sand....and they may have little things hidden in the table that the kids have to help find. Kate was really interested in this and I had to really encourage her to move onto the next activity! She has a tendency to "get in the zone"....I guess that is really good showing that she may have a long attention span for her age!

Kate LOVES doll houses! Probably her favorite thing to play with! And she gets a big one as soon as she is completely potty trained....which she is getting very, very close to achieving!

One of Kate's teachers, Ms. Julie, showing Kate how to use the computers:

Mommy and My Sweet Kate in her classroom!

I have such mixed emotions about her starting preschool this year. In many ways, I feel like this is the beginning of the end...of just "our time". I feel like she is going to be in school soon enough....I love having her with me. At the same time...I know I will be able to get things done that I typically don't when she is with me...I know this is going to allow me to have alone time with baby #2 when he arrives...and I know that she is such a smart and social girl and I really see her loving it! We will see how it goes! I hope I can keep it together tomorrow morning! ;) My sweet baby girl is growing up just way too quickly....

Kate's lead teacher, Ms. Sherry, is sooooooooo nice! She seems to be exactly what you would want your preschool teacher to be! I just know Kate is going to love her!

1 comment:

Paige said...

That is so what Blake did! She posted up at the bean table and wouldn't budge.