Already 1/2 there.....I need to write down a few things about this pregnancy up to this point!
Once again....I knew I was pregnant before I had a test confirm it. Although this time....the symptoms were different....but I definitely knew something was up! With Kate, I had really strange dreams, got up to go to the bathroom several times a night (right away), and had one or two days of nausea. This time.....I felt yucky right away....nauseous, burpy and had very tender boobs. The differences of the beginning symptoms must have have been a clue that things would be different the second time around. I felt pretty awful until I hit 16 weeks! I only experienced a few days of nausea with Kate.....but Baby #2 had me feeling that way all day every day. Just wishing I could throw and feel better. Yuck! I felt bad complaining too much because I did have a few friends who threw up constantly throughout their pregnancy. I did throw up once....after changing an awful diaper...thanks Kate! And I constantly had these quiet, inside my mouth burps. It's awful!
But thankfully....at 22 weeks...I can report that I am feeling soooooo much better! I haven't had those feelings in nausea in weeks! Ahhhhhhh! The nasty burpy has subsided as well. My tummy feels like it is stretching/maxing out some days and then other days...it won't feel that bad.
My back has hurt since 9 weeks....just like last pregnancy. I have been going to see a chiropractor for it some. It does seem to help. It definitely discourages me from walking or exercising too much....which is a bummer. I was really worried about all the walking we would do in California and thought my back would get in the way of our fun. But I think I was lucky timing wise! At 20 weeks, your uterus is even with your belly button...so I think the fact that maybe the baby is higher now...I had a little relief for the past couple of weeks. I actually felt really good while we were on vacation! Perfect timing!
I think I am doing a little better than last time on the weight gain. Although my tummy is more out this time than this point last time. That is to be expected though... I would really like to gain less than last time. I started heavier this time....so I would like to gain less and maybe balance it all out! :) Ha!
I started feeling the baby move during week 17. They were just little bubbles...or flutters at first. But now have become much more obvious movements. Ty has been able to feel the baby move. Kate has tried...but hasn't had luck yet.
Finding out that we are having a healthy baby boy brought on all kinds of emotions. I started crying when she said it was a boy....I was completely unaware of the reason behind the tears. I think after having a girl first....I just saw myself as a girl's mom! It is very hard to imagine anything other than what I already know. I just think of my baby as...Kate! I also think this wave of oh my goodness....we will have one of each...how lucky...came across me. I knew though that even if it had been another girl....she would have been different than Kate. I had a hard time imagining life with a baby while I was pregnant the first time...and now I just can't imagine my life without Kate! I completely believe this baby will be the same way. I just always struggle with change....and worry about things I shouldn't. I worry about how it will affect Kate....prob most mom's do!
We are also filled with excitement about a completely new experience. Everyone says "boys are so different"! Which is exciting and scary all at the same time. Everyone also says that "boys are made to love their mommas!" I sure feel loved by my sweet Kate....so if I am in store for more of that....bring it on! I put in my order for a GOOD SLEEPER and a low-maintenance baby ahead of time....so I am hoping that wish comes true! :)
But emotionally....this has been a differenct experience as well. I was really emotional last pregnancy. And then highly emotionally for prob 6 weeks - 3 months after having Kate. This time....I have been much less teary. I figure it's bc it's a boy and I don't have all those extra hormones in my system! Boys just aren't emotional.
I also found it funny that I was craving meat in the beginning. I felt like I would feel a little better in the morning if I would have some kind of meat. Should have probably been a clue that it was a boy!
So...this pregnancy has been much different than my first. I felt a lot worse with a little boy in my tummy than I did with a little girl! But maybe this is a good sign.....maybe my delivery will be completely different too! (In a very good, easy way I am referring to!!!) Yes, let's go with that....
But I am feeling much better these days and I know I need to enjoy it while it lasts. I remember the last trimester! And it is coming quickly.....
Thursday, August 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Good update!
Glad you are feeling better! And I am thinking all positive thoughts for you as well so I think this delivery will be much easier for you!Love all the blog updates! :-)
Post a Comment