Sunday, January 4, 2009

2008.....In A Nutshell!

I heard several people make comments about how they were glad 2008 was over....or that they hope 2009 would be better...I thought to myself...why??? I LOVED 2008! I have felt so lucky to be able to spend everyday with Kate! Ty has had a rough year with all of the problems in the stock market, many people have lost their homes, jobs, faced family problems, illness, etc. But I feel like this year has been one of my best! I guess I have lived a dream~come~true this past year as a stay-at-home mom! Everyday isn't perfect by any means...but there has been so much joy and happiness that this opportunity has given me! I feel like I am exactly where I am suppose to be! I often want to make time stand still....I love where Kate is....and I feel like I will lose her or lose this incredible connection we have with her as she ages...so wishing away another year is just not the way I feel right now. But I do look forward to what this year will bring! I am sure that more fun lies ahead for us! I wish you all a wonderful new year! Here is a chance to reflect back on this past year:

Cousins Kate and Luke stay warm in January! They truly love each other and enjoy playing now! Kate is 5 months here!


Birthday twins Blake and Kate had a playdate in January...and many more throughout the year!

Kate is sitting by herself...as of January!

Kate's first snow fall came at the beginning of March! Great photo opp!

Kate stands all by herself in March! She loves to practice standing! She also started crawling mid-March! One busy little girl...

Aunt Jennifer was accepted to the OU Health Science Center - Nutrition Masters Program! We are so proud of her!!!!

Happy Easter!

Our little traveler is all tuckered out....daddy was in heaven!

We got to take Kate to the beach at the end of March! Ty made club level at UBS this year which is rewarded with a trip! What special memories this trip gave us...

The princess sleeps in her King Bed at The Ritz in Naples, FL...

A BIG storm hit us! Our house had over $20K in damages....our roof had to be completely replaced, as well as our fence, repair work in the hallway and Kate's room, the lions at the front door, the gutters, etc. It was a complete mess....and for that matter still is...as we are still dealing with the General Contractor to get all the work finished. We found humor as we had the opportunity to take this W.T. picture with me and my baby in a diaper....ha!

Lots of playdates with "the triplets"! Brooks was playing out of the pic here but at 4 kids were playing in our playroom...

Gayle's sweet little Trevor was born! What a blessing he is...

Playdate with Kingston! Kate is sporting her helmet here! She wore it for 3 months to correct a flat spot on her head! Poor baby...we felt so bad at first...but look how cute she was!!! It flew by like the doctors told us it would!

We got to see the Munoz family a couple of times this summer which was a highlight! They are such good friends and we miss them!

RyAnn and Jared tied the knot on June 14! RyAnn was a very beautiful bride! The wedding was perfect!

Summer fun with our birthday twin Blake and mommy Paige!

Our friends and neighbors Paige and Colin welcomed Zoe Elizabeth "Lizzie" on July 1!

Happy 1st Birthday Sweet Baby Kate!

We celebrated Kate's 1st birthday with family and friends at the Bent Tree West Swim Club! We cooked out and swam in the 100 degree temps! I was a little sad that my baby girl was already one, but all the festivies made it so much fun! My side of the family was here to celebrate as well as many of our Dallas friends!

We celebrate our 8th Anniversary on July 22! Crazy! Ty took me to an awesome dinner at Abacus! "Can we get another order of lobster shooters, please?"

We got to celebrate Kate's birthday with the Wilcox side in August. Gigi and Poppy had Elmo cupcakes for Kate!

We found out Melissa and Neal were finally pregnant while we were in California in August. I screamed with joy and then cried! Thank goodness!!! What a miracle this baby is!


Luke turned 6 this year! Seems impossible.....

Kate loves Elmo! She calls him "Ya Ya" bc of the Elmo song...La La La La La La La La Elmo's World!

We made it to an OSU game! We hadn't been in several years. We plan on getting season tickets next year since it will be my baby bro's freshman year at OSU!

We became friends with Addyson and her mommy (Jenny) this year. The girls invited their friends and we threw a Halloween Play Date Party! It was so much fun!!!

New Kids on the Block: Reunion Tour! Oh ya....we were there!!!

We became friends with Ava and Mommy Gail in the spring! We have had so much fun with them and got to help celebrate Miss Ava's first birthday!

Marley Elizabeth Jennings joined our family on October 30, 2008! Michael and Jennifer are so happy!

Merry Christmas!!! I've got all that I need!!!

1 comment:

Paige said...

Great year! Cheers! Oh and many more play dates in 09 please!