Monday, January 26, 2009

18 Months Old!

Time just keeps flying by....as of Jan. 24...we are a year-and-a-half!

I have decided that it must seem faster since we are counting the months....or maybe it is just that we are having so much fun! You already know it makes me so sad to see her grow up so quickly. My grandmother and I were talking about just that this past week.....she said "doesn't it just seem like it flew by and babyhood is over?" I do I do!!! She said she feels the same way...and she did it 7 times....7 babies....and still feels that way?!?!?!?! I am doomed....;) I may always have this feeling....

Kate is amazing at this age though! I love how she interacts with me...and other people! She loves to talk....rather loudly most of the time! She can say so many things now! She can communicate what she wants or needs most of the time! That is really nice!

I love how she relaxes now! I love that she loves to snuggle with mommy...and if she is having a hard time sleeping or gets up too early in the morning...laying with us can often help her to go back to sleep! She loves to rock with momma! Loves it! And momma loves it too! I used to fear that once she was done nursing she would never be interested in rocking...but she still loves it! She will just rock and sing with me...or touch my face and name the parts...her favorite to say is "eye brows"!

Kate likes to read books....her favorites right now are the Karen Katz books that are interactive...we have "Where is Baby's Valentine", "Where are Baby's Easter Eggs", "Excuse Me....a book of manners" and "Where is Baby's Belly Button". I love these books bc she will repeat after me for instance in the Manners book she will repeat "Yes Please"...and she gets to flip up the page cut-outs which really keep her interested! She also really like "Pat the Bunny" (again interactive), "What's Up Duck" and "Good Night Moon"!

She loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse all the sudden! She saw it once and is hooked! They play a song called "Hot Dog" at the end of each episode and she loves it! She dances like crazy!!!! She does something that resembles the salsa and then chops her feet really fast! Ty downloaded the song to my iPhone so that we have it on hand all the time! Kate still loves Elmo! She really likes Sesame Street and knows most of the characters! She is very fond of Elmo, Abby, Big Bird, Cookie and The Count.....when she sees The Count she says "Ah Ah Ah"....like his laugh! ha ha

Kate loves to be the center of attention. We have been around family quite a bit recently....and I think she is at her happiest when she is entertaining the troops!

She loves Uncle Zack! Oh my.....she squeals just talking about him! And should he walk into the room....she shakes her head back and forth and will put her face in my shoulder as if she is embarrassed! She says "Zacky" "Zacky"!!! She kept looking for him all the way back to Dallas.


She is pretty good for most of the time! Even though she still doesn't like her stroller much when shopping, she has started staying really close to me! She loves to hold hands with mommy!

She still has her "entourage"...although she has added another member. Little Jueles and Ya Ya (Elmo) are still there of course...along with B (blanket) but back in mid-November Kate added "Fe Fe"...a little pink poodle! If we don't have all of them with us when it is time for bed....she will let you know!

She is simply the best thing in my life!!! I can't believe I ever had a doubt that I would love motherhood! I can't believe the amount of love I had to give and had to receive! I used to worry about what would become of my life.....worry was a waste...because I am truly the happiest I have ever been! Ty and I laugh multiple times a day....we smile just thinking of her....we tear up when we talk about how much we love her...It is so awesome!!!!

1 comment:

Paige said...

Great post! I agree, it is funny we ever wondered if we would like motherhood. Let's get together again soon, maybe next week! Love yall!