Wednesday, September 24, 2008

14 Months Old!


Another 2 months have already flown by! Stop already!!! Time slow down!!!! I LOVE having a baby....and she keeps growing and growing!

I put Kate in my first birthday/Christmas dress today for a few pictures! I have been meaning to do it....and I just keep forgetting. So today...on her 14 month birthday...I did it! So sweet to see her in it and think that I once wore this special dress that my mom made for me!

My dad left me a message tonight that was so sweet. I had sent out this photo to a few family and friends....he called after seeing it. He said "Oh, I remember that dress" "You wore it alot!" And that "she looks really good in it". Just brought a big smile to my face....and perhaps a tiny tear to my eye!

Kate is doing so much these days! She is so active! Such a busy little girl! She loves to play....to walk around anywhere she can, and explore! She talks alot! I mean a whole lot! At 14 months, she can say so many words and will often repeat anything we ask her to say! She can say: Mommy, Momma, Daddy, Dadda, baba, Jueles (which sounds like Juuzz), duck, ball, Poppy (Grandpa Wilcox), Whoopi (Grandma Jennings), PaPa (Grandpa Jennings), Luke (she tries to say it but it doesn't really sound like Luke....but she knows who he is), Ya Ya (aka Elmo), Big Bird, Cookie (cookie monster), bye bye, uh oh.... She can sort say "touch down" and she puts her arms up in the air signaling touchdown when she sees football on TV. She tries to say football now too. Coach Hayes from Shelton had given her this little pink football....and you can ask her to go get it and she will!

She has also recently learned to sign a few words. She can sign and say "more". She can sign please! And she tries to say it too! And she will sign "thank you" when I ask her to. I actually think she knows how to say b/c when Daddy leaves in the morning we always say..."love you love you love you" and she blows kisses....so I think b/c it ends in "you" she blows a kiss which just happens to be very similar to the sign for thank you. It works for me though!

We are also learning animals and their sounds. She can tell you what sound a tiger, a kitty cat, a dog, a sheep, a monkey and puts her hands under her armpits like a monkey, a duck...of course she can quack, and flaps her arms when I ask what an owl says!

I love her, I love her, I love her! She brings us so much JOY!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nat,
So sweet! I really enjoy reading your blog! Thank you for sharing! By the way, with your dress on, Kate kinda looks like you :) hee hee!!!

Paige said...

nice! I can't wait to see yall again.