Our baby girl is one year old....as of July 24, 2008 at 7:20 pm! I can not wrap my mind around the fact that Kate has really been with us for a whole year! We had a wonderful day....we went downtown to have lunch with Daddy at Greenz (yum!) then went up to the office to see Mac and Carol. Then came home....my mom aka Whoopi and Zack were just pulling up! We were greeted by two flower deliveries....one bouqet of pink roses from Ty for Kate and one beautiful mixed flowers with one orange rose from Grandma and Grandpa Wilcox. We played for a little bit and then got ready to head up to dinner. We took Kate out to one of our favorites...Fireside Pies. Kate loves pizza! For dessert, Ty had picked up some Sprinkles Cupcakes! We sang Happy Birthday at exactly 7:20 pm and let her dive right into the cupcake. She loved it! She was so sweet today! As if she knew her mommy had mixed emotions about the whole day! I mean, I love life....and I love where she is right now....but I loved her being that tiny little newborn in my arms! It has truly all been amazing! I couldn't have planned for this! I couldn't have imagined all that I would have learned about myself or how much love I was in my future! I love being a mommy! I love having Kate in our life! Life is definitely different....but it is great! I was glad I never had too much time by myself today...I probably would have gotten a bit teary. But it was such a wonderful day...I think back to where I was this time last year....and although it was extrememly magical and amazing...I think this year was more fun! I know there is so much fun still ahead with Kate! I want to keep this baby a baby....but also have so much fun as she grows and reaches new milestones! She is our everything! Thank you God for blessing me with this precious baby girl! There is no greater gift in life.... I feel so lucky to have her! Thank you Ty for convincing me that I could do this...that I could in fact survive pregnancy, labor and delivery, and my first year of motherhood. You have been my rock! It has been something else to see you fall in love with your daughter! You are a wonderful Daddy and Kate and I love you so much! Thank you family and friends for helping us survive this first year! All your help, advice, visits, gifts, phone calls, emails, etc.....it all means the world to us! Thank you thank you thank you!!! And finally...thank you Baby Kate...you are the reason I was born! I am here to be here for you...to raise you...love you! You have made life even more sweet! I have spent almost every minute of your little life with you...and I feel like it has all gone by too quickly. I am so thankful (to Daddy) that I have been able to be with you everyday! I wish you could stay a baby forever....but I look forward to seeing you grow up! I love you Kate.....
Monday, August 18, 2008
Sweet Baby Kate is ONE!
Our baby girl is one year old....as of July 24, 2008 at 7:20 pm! I can not wrap my mind around the fact that Kate has really been with us for a whole year! We had a wonderful day....we went downtown to have lunch with Daddy at Greenz (yum!) then went up to the office to see Mac and Carol. Then came home....my mom aka Whoopi and Zack were just pulling up! We were greeted by two flower deliveries....one bouqet of pink roses from Ty for Kate and one beautiful mixed flowers with one orange rose from Grandma and Grandpa Wilcox. We played for a little bit and then got ready to head up to dinner. We took Kate out to one of our favorites...Fireside Pies. Kate loves pizza! For dessert, Ty had picked up some Sprinkles Cupcakes! We sang Happy Birthday at exactly 7:20 pm and let her dive right into the cupcake. She loved it! She was so sweet today! As if she knew her mommy had mixed emotions about the whole day! I mean, I love life....and I love where she is right now....but I loved her being that tiny little newborn in my arms! It has truly all been amazing! I couldn't have planned for this! I couldn't have imagined all that I would have learned about myself or how much love I was in my future! I love being a mommy! I love having Kate in our life! Life is definitely different....but it is great! I was glad I never had too much time by myself today...I probably would have gotten a bit teary. But it was such a wonderful day...I think back to where I was this time last year....and although it was extrememly magical and amazing...I think this year was more fun! I know there is so much fun still ahead with Kate! I want to keep this baby a baby....but also have so much fun as she grows and reaches new milestones! She is our everything! Thank you God for blessing me with this precious baby girl! There is no greater gift in life.... I feel so lucky to have her! Thank you Ty for convincing me that I could do this...that I could in fact survive pregnancy, labor and delivery, and my first year of motherhood. You have been my rock! It has been something else to see you fall in love with your daughter! You are a wonderful Daddy and Kate and I love you so much! Thank you family and friends for helping us survive this first year! All your help, advice, visits, gifts, phone calls, emails, etc.....it all means the world to us! Thank you thank you thank you!!! And finally...thank you Baby Kate...you are the reason I was born! I am here to be here for you...to raise you...love you! You have made life even more sweet! I have spent almost every minute of your little life with you...and I feel like it has all gone by too quickly. I am so thankful (to Daddy) that I have been able to be with you everyday! I wish you could stay a baby forever....but I look forward to seeing you grow up! I love you Kate.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Good job! I am glad to see you are doing your blog again!
Post a Comment