Friday, December 22, 2006

There Really Is A Baby In There...


We had our first doctor's appointment on Friday, December 15th. Our appointment was at 12:15 pm....Ty and I were going to meet at the doctor's office. I got really nervous as I walked out to my car to head that way....but was quickly distracted when I called Ty. He was already on his way...however...there was a truck heading north on Highway 75 near downtown Dallas that had tipped over....spilling nails all over the highway. Weird?!?! He was paniced and worried that he would miss it.....

Dr. Nockleberg and the nurses were all so nice. They did the first part of the appointment and we visited a little while waiting for Ty to arrive. He finally got there and they were ready to go ahead and do the ultrasound. All this past week I had really decided that I wasn't really pregnant....again this denial sneaking in on me. My girlfriends were all just laughing at me....but it is just so hard to really put your mind around.

She got everything ready and then turned the screen our way and said "There's Your Little Pumpkin!"...which brought a tear to my eye.....could it really, really be?!?!?! Ty told me later that he thought I must have told our doctor that he calls the baby Pumpkin.....since she/he came about just before Halloween. Just a lucky guess I told him.....ha ha ha It was really sweet though and made it even more real to me. We were able to see the head, body, arms and legs. At one point, the baby even moved one of it's arms across the screen as if it was saying "hi mom and dad"!

It was an exciting and special day for us. They confirmed all of our dates. Our first date was July 20...but she bumped it up one day to July 19!!! We have 4 sweet little pictures that we have already passed around at my birthday brunch....and will be taking with us to Oklahoma for Christmas to share. It is amazingly small at this point....yet looks like a little tiny baby.

We wish you all a VERY, MERRY CHRISTMAS and all the best in 2007! Love you all....

1 comment:

RyAnn Thompson said...

Oh! The baby looks perfect! I can totally see the little head and little arms and little legs! Crazy!!! Hi little pumpkin!!! I love you all!