We drove to Oklahoma on Wednesday afternoon. As Melissa had predicted, my mom had baby gifts!!! She had a brown diaper bag, 2 little onesy, a little bear, two blankets, and a sweet little white sweater hat that has little bears ears on it. She is so fun and was so excited! It was great to be with family!
We had decided to wait to tell my extended family until Thanksgiving since we were going to be with them on that day. I had told my dad that he could tell everyone and he acted like he would like to do that. When we got to my Aunt Jan's house, my dad said "Do you want me to make a formal announcement?" and I said "yes". But figuring out how we were going to get every one's attention was going to be the hard part. My dad said as soon as my Aunt Malinda got off the phone he would do it. But then he asked who was on the phone....and we found out it was Bailey and we thought she would like to hear the news firsthand as well. So he begins to clap his hands loud!!! I got nervous and started to walk away...ha ha ha. Then he said "We Have An Announcement To Make"! "I am going to be a grandfather for the second time!" Everyone said "oh"....and started looking around. I looked right at Bundy (my grandmother) and she said "Are you?" I just shook my head, laughing! She said "I should have known it...I have been thinking about you all week and I didn't know why....". Uncle Darryl was one of my favorite reactions so far...he came straight over to me with big tears in his eyes and said "That is wonderful!" My uncle Mark told me that he was jealous and Bundy said, you...I am jealous and I am 78 years old! Aunt Tracy came over and gave me a big hug too and couldn't believe I hadn't said anything to her yet while we were talking earlier. And then everyone else congratulated us throughout the day. It was really fun to tell so many people together! My dad did a really good job. I didn't know what to think when he started clapping....but he did a great job! It was really cute! I got to hear lots of stories and points of view....and one thing is very consistent. My family...and people in general....LOVE BABIES!
I get so nervous and worried about all that will come with this....but it was so reassuring this weekend to talk with everyone who have completely loved that time in their life and wouldn't change it for anything. I think this week was calming for me....This is going to be an exciting journey and I just need to sit back and relax and enjoy the ride.
Sunday, November 26, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Oh my gosh you guys, this is so exciting!! I am so happy for you, you will make absolutely amazing parents. You guys are always in my prayers, but I will definately be praying specifically for this new chapter in your lives. Love you both,
Tif
Ahh, congratulations you guys, how exciting! This blog is such a great and cute idea!
Post a Comment