We moved to "the new house" officially the last week of June. And had our first family gathering/pool party the 4th of July weekend!
We picked up our things and moved west to Southlake! We really love our big, wooded lot! It is just beautiful sitting at our breakfast table and looking out at all the trees! We really felt at home instantly here! (As far as the house goes) Not one sleepless night or hearing weird creeking noises. I am thankful for that! I was so nervous about moving over this far from the area of town that I was so used to.....but so far I am really enjoying it. I haven't had much time to really do that much or meet anyone.... We have had so many visitors and with excitement with the move. Here are a few pics of the new house post yard work and renovations! I am really excited about the way things have come along. Paint changes things so quickly! Our kitchen is goregous! We added hardwood floors throughout most of the downstairs, painted and antiqued the kitchen cabinets, added new (actually old light fixtures from our old house) and stained all the wood work (including the office) in the house to match the hardwood floors. We also had a cabinet in the family room redone to match the other side so that it would be a bookcase....and then the back yard. We really loved the painting/handy man crew. Grant's team, (Gail Good's recommendation) does really great work!!!
We changed out the patio to a flagstone patio and made it bigger so that we would have more room for tables and chairs and laying out. We updated the tiles in the pool! I didn't think that was really that big of a deal....but once it was in...it really did look nice! I was glad we did it. We also had the backyard "cleaned up"! It was wild! Out of control....overgrown! Now it looks like a park.....it is beautiful!
We are feeling more settled. Just have more pictures to hang and more organizing. But we will get there....
I'm so far behind on the blog and there is so much that has happened....so I will do my best to try to catch up!
Here are a few pics:
The new breakfast table! I am so happy with the way this turned out! My mom and I found this table and chair set at a consignment store by Kate's dance studio. We had it painted by the same crew that painted our kitchen cabinets. And my mom recovered the cushions! It looks like a brand new table and chairs!
This pic shows you a little bit of the kitchen....you see our light fixture from our old living room. I always loved this light and hated to leave it. So glad we brought it with us. It is perfect in this kitchen! And you can see how the kitchen cabinets look...
The playroom/media room prior to toy invasion. Uh....I'll take a picture later...it's a mess right now!
Our new King-sized bed! We have slept in a queen for 10 years....we were pretty excited to get a bigger bed!
This was taken on moving day! I decided to just go ahead and set Kate's room up with a big girl bed even though she still really loved her crib! It was the right call! She is doing great in there! Look at all the pretty trees out her front window! Her room is beautiful now! I'll post a pic soon. Her room is completely done!
This is part of the backyard....this is the view from our breakfast table. Kate and her sweet friend Ava were running around in the grass during Kate's birthday party!
Love having a pool to beat the heat!!!! Love these women too!
New house, new pool = Family volleyball games!!! Love getting to do this kind of stuff with our family. We haven't had a pool in our immediate family before so everyone is really enjoying having this pool all to ourselves!
The pool in use at Kate's 3rd birthday party!
This picture brings the biggest SMILE to me face! When I saw both Jueles and Ty smiling so big....I just knew this was the moment that Ty was dreaming about since we first looked at this house! He absolutely loves the backyard and pool....and getting to use it finally and share it with family just makes us both so happy!
We have had so much company and hosted Kate's birthday party at our house....so as soon as it is clean and straightened up I will give you an offical home tour! Stay tuned......




2 comments:
I spied a nothing bundt cake!!! MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.
Congrats! The house is beautiful, kate is so cute and getting big and your tummy is tiny! :-) Kourt
Post a Comment