Kate and I had gone to our Mom2Mom meeting...then over to our friend's Addy and Jenny's house to play and have lunch. Kate was kind of being whiny and didn't show any interest in eating. She kept rubbing her eyes. I just couldn't believe that she was that tired! Then I noticed that she had little red bumps coming up all over her eyes...and they were beginning to water. She was getting very upset and starting to cry. We decided she was having some time of allergic reaction....to what we didn't know....still really don't know what caused it!!! We gave her a quick dose of benadryl and I rushed her out to the car. We headed to the doctor's office but no one was answering the phone bc it was lunch time. So I stopped at Plano Presby. Her eyes were getting very swollen and she was starting to look like she was in a haze. I was panicked! I just kept telling her we were going to see the doctor and that she would fix it! We got to the ER and they said I had done the right thing by getting her there! They came her more benadryl and an oral steroid. Just being there really helped calm both of us down. Ty drove all the way up to be with us. He was shocked when he got there and saw our sweet little baby's face....that didn't look anything like her sweet little face!
I had promised Kate some ice cream after we saw the doctor. So Kate and I headed to Chick-fil-a for a milk shake. I got a text from my neighbor Paige saying that our back gate was open. I called Ty immediately and told him. He said he would go home first to check on things. He called me just minutes later....we had been broken into and robbed. They took many things....two big tvs, cash, my camera, our baby monitor, Ty's 4 year letterman ring from OSU, my coach purse that Ty got me for our 3rd anniversary, etc.
It was an awful feeling. So violating! We were so lucky that they were not destructive....just took what they wanted....making a mess of our bedroom and bathroom....but many things left untouched. We felt so uneasy in our own home for several weeks. So sad that they are people in the world like that....while we were at church in the morning...and at the ER with our daughter...someone was taking things from our house that we have worked for. Just sad....
But thankfully....no one was home....no one walked in on that! And all the "things" are replaceable! Kate's episode really made that day much more about her than anything else.....we were very concerned about her.....and realized we were all ok and that is most important!




No comments:
Post a Comment