Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Blank Slate....

Kate has really been talking a lot lately. She has always been a big talker....but her vocabulary is really coming along. She repeats everything! A stranger can be talking and she will even repeat the last few words of their sentence. It just amazes me to hear all the things she says now. She has become so good at saying "please" and "thank you" without being prompted.

I can't help but think about that blank little slate I started with....that tiny little newborn baby....and I can say that almost everything she knows and says... she has learned from her mommy and daddy! It's truly amazing!

The other day we were walking and we saw one of our neighbor's dogs....and "Casey" the dog always barks at us until I say hello. Before I could go through my little hello....Kate says "It's ok...it's just mommy and Kate!" which is very similar to what I always say to the dog.

Friday, we were out shopping for something for Zack's birthday...I entertained her by teaching her what month her birthday is in. When asked...she says "July" and then I went on to teach her that Luke's is in "August" and Boopi's birthday is also in "July". She woke up from her nap reciting who's birthday was in which month! She now says "May" for daddy's and Mommy Luke's birthday...and said "ho ho" for my birthday on Christmas and we are working on others! Such a big family to learn...but I have no doubt she will have them all down soon!

On our walks to the duck pond, we often sit and watch the water fall....I have been telling her to close her eyes and listen to the water and the other noises at the pond. She has been so cute lately now telling me "mommy close eyes"..."listen". I love it!

And there are so many examples like that those. I pray that I am being the best example to Kate that I can possibly be. I know most parents feel this way....but I just find it all so incredible....

1 comment:

Paige said...

Cute! You are doing the best job.