Friday, July 6, 2007

Week 38

Well, I wanted to give you a quick update as to where we are......

We had a doctor's appointment this past Tuesday...and it went well. It was the first time that she checked me so I was really nervous about that. It wasn't as bad as I was expecting....but wasn't a wonderful experience either....BUT there was good news!

She said that I was 1 cm dialated and she said she could stretch it to a 2...and that I was 70% effaced. She was expecially happy with this number. She said that was really good for where I am.

I am 38 weeks as of yesterday! Can't believe it could truly happen at any time. I didn't feel that well yesterday and have been over-the-top emotional. Poor Ty has been dealing with all my tears so well though. There isn't always a reason...they just start flowing. Sometimes I have all this fear and anxiety about the days to come. I still can't imagine life with 3 instead of just the 2 of us. I also think about how our moms will be here for about a week and then will have to go back home....and then I will be on my own. Yikes....what if I don't have anything figured out yet. And so many have warned me that labor isn't as bad as the first 2 weeks after.....well that doesn't sound good b/c I have feared labor all this time. Now I hear that I need to gear up for several more weeks of pain and exhaustion after all this?!?!?!?! Oh dear.....

Ty planned a nice dinner date for us tonight! It will be a a good opportunity to celebrate us and enjoy a little more time to ourselves. He was going to save this for tonight....but he is the type who can't wait to give a gift once he gets it. ha ha He had a beautfiul ring made for me! It is an eternity band with three diamonds then three rubies...etc. Rubies for July! IT is beautiful and was so sweet.....and of course brought on the tears. Good thing he did it at home......ha ha

Everyone swears it is ALL worth it! So I know I will be okay....but hoping that I will be pleasantly surprised by how bad it really isn't when it is your own baby. I hope, I hope!

We go back to the doctor on Monday morning! I am curious as to whether or not more action will have taken place. We shall see.....

No comments: