
Moving into the 30's! 30 weeks is starting to sound really close!
The baby's room is getting really close to being finished! We have the crib, bedding, changing table, and now rocker ready to go! My mom also completed the bassinet! She and my Grandpa Bill have been working on making it sturdy and safe to use. It is 30 years old! He bought it for my mom when she was pregnant with me! She painted it and made all of the bedding for it. It is already in our bedroom! And she brought this little cabinet to put beside it that is fully stocked with newborn diapers and wipes! Ready to go!!!
We had our final ultrasound on May 4. It was fun to see the baby again. It had been 10 weeks since we last saw her. With all this pink everywhere...I was starting to get really concerned that she would still be a girl! :) I asked the doctor to confirm that she indeed would need all this pink! He looked everything over and said that she definitely WAS A GIRL!!!! And that if that wasn't a girl....we were going to have bigger problems! ha ha He took all of her measurements and thinks she weighs about 3 lbs. and 5 oz. as of now. He went on to say that "she couldn't be doing better if she tried!" He said she looks amazing! In perfect health....Good to hear!!! The pregnancy really has been pretty smooth all in all.....but you just never know what is going on "under the belly"! And sometimes I would begin to worry that things were not right.....so hearing those sweet words is really a relief!
We have now attended 2 childbirth preparation classes. The first one was called "Labor in a Day"....it is a Cliff Notes Style of childbirth class. I suppose it was somewhat comforting to see the Labor and Delivery room in advance and know exactly what we will need to do on the BIG DAY. And she discussed some relaxation techniques with us. I definitely do not feel prepared for this event....but not sure that anything can really prepare you for it. All I know is that I know Ty will be wonderful....if he stays conscious.....and my mom should be there too! And so many of my friends have done this and survived and will even say it isn't that bad. I just hope I am strong enough, stay somewhat calm, and stay focused!
The second class was "Infant Care and Baby CPR". It was useful.....especially the Baby CPR. We felt that was really important!
We have a doctor's appointment today! It should be a pretty quick appointment. Just seeing one of the other doctor's in the group....checking the heartbeat and measuring my belly. We will actually be 31 weeks tomorrow!
Looking at a calendar....it is only 2 months from this Saturday. It isn't very far.... We have so much fun talking about and anticipating what it will be like to have this tiny baby in our house. We are still talking names. Not sure when we will have one.....if nothing else....we decided that we will go to the hospital with a list and then see what she looks like! It might be the best way for me. It is so hard for me to make decisions!
Physically, I have been feeling better. My ribs have really been doing better....my back still bothers me and has started what I expected pregnancy back pain to feel like. It is now feeling like very sore muscle pain....I can understand that. I have become tired again though. But all the books say that is to be expected in the last trimester. I am really looking forward to school being out. I know that will help my energy levels! It will be wonderful to be home, go get Ty for lunch, finish up things to get ready for the baby, hang out with friends, etc. The last little bit of me time I will get for quite some time.....it will be nice! Well, stay tuned....I should be better about blogging in these final weeks as it gets closer and closer!




No comments:
Post a Comment