Wednesday, February 14, 2007

It's a Girl!



We are TICKLED PINK to tell you that we are going to have a sweet baby girl!

We had our doctor's appointment on February 13.....and most importantly we can report that everything seems to be developing just as it should be. The doctor checked said that the heart, brain, stomach, fingers, spine, and everything else he checked out all looked perfect! What a relief! I had a really rough night's sleep the night before....so I think the stress and worry leading up to this appointment was catching up with me.

The Doctor said "Would you like to know what it is?". Even though we had decided we wanted to go ahead and find out.....I wasn't quite ready when he said that. I said....."Um....Wait!".....I am not sure what he thought about that....so I said "Okay....." He said something along the lines of "It is a little Missy"....I couldn't tell you the exact words he used....but I knew that it meant PINK!!!

Now it is time to get started! We haven't really done anything yet....so we have our work cut out for us. As soon as I told my mom yesterday, she said she wanted to come down this weekend. We need to go ahead and start getting some things going because RyAnn is already planning a baby shower for us in California in March!

This has been a really special couple of days....and a couple of people really made it even more so. Our sweet neighbors, Paige and Colin, let themselves into our house while we were out at dinner to place a white box with a big pink bow on it on our ottoman. They got the baby a sweet pink and brown polka dot blanket. (Those are the colors that we are going to use!) Then I got to school this morning and some of my sweet friends at work...Gayle, Mandy and Aimee....brought in the cutest pink elephant with a big heart balloon that says "It's A Girl!"

3 comments:

The Grandparents to be! said...

We are so excited!! A GIRL !!! ribbons and bows here we go.... for everyone checking out the blog we are planning a baby shower for Natalie on March the 10th. So mark your calendars so we can celebrate the coming of our beautiful little girl aka "pumpkin" It will be in Grass Valley California so if you want to come send me your address we are so looking forward to see all three of them when they come to visit.

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!!! I knew it. I have a great name for her. Ale or Avi.

Can't wait to spoil her by taking her to BestBuy and HomeDepot.

Unknown said...

It's crazy how much the picture has changed!!! She is going to be the prettiest little girl ever!