Sunday, June 13, 2010

WICKED Exhibit

If you know me, you know I am in love with and obsessed with WICKED! I am so excited to be heading back to see it for my 5th time this coming week! This time I am going with my mom and several of my girlfriends! I am so excited to share one of my favorite things with them! Gail Good and my mom are the only ones who have seen it in the bunch! The others have heard me talk about it so much and are so excited to see it for themselves! It is just genius! So well-written. So moving. I remember leaving the theater after my first time seeing it and feeling so bad for Elphaba.....thinking...if I had only known.

I am lucky enough to live right by one of only 15 malls world-wide who were hosting a WICKED exhibit! So cool! It is at the mall closest to my house! How crazy is that? I have visited it 3 times while it has been in town. I got kind of tickled that day thinking about what Kate must think....she must think everyone loves WICKED as much as her mommy does....for there to be a whole exhibit at our mall! And there is a big billboard for it right by her dance class that we would see every week and start singing the intro song together! Ha!

The first time, Gail and I had the girls at the mall for shopping and lunch....I didn't even know it was set up yet! What a fun surprise! The girls loved it! I took my mom back to see it while she was in town and then we went back for a Saturday morning live performance by the actual touring "Elphaba" and "Glinda"! We told Kate that we were going to see WICKED that day....but our girl knows too much! She said..."where are their costumes?"...and "Mommy, where's Popular?"...referring to prob her favorite song on the soundtrack! We've gotta take her sometime soon!

Here are some of the pics from the exhibit!

Elphaba

Gail and the girls looking at Glinda's pink dress

Glinda

Ironically the "Good" girls were with us....so I couldn't help but title this picture:

"Because I knew you...I have been changed for good".....a beautiful lyric and so true in this case and in the case of so many family members and friends!


I loved that they loved it so much!

The view from above:

3 comments:

Hartsock family blog said...

So fun! Love Wicked too! Jake took me to NY and to see it with awesome seats for my 29th!!!!

Paige said...

Natalie I am SO SO SO SO SO EXCITED about seeing WICKED with you! Thank you so much for inviting me and I can't wait for a very memorable night! YAY!

Lindsay said...

LOVE IT!!! I just found out its coming back to Tulsa Nov. 21-23. I'm totally going to try to go & hopefully Eric can make it this time, he actually really wants to see it :)