Kate says "Kate do" a lot! She thinks she is soooo big and can do a lot of things herself! But if she can't do it or just doesn't want to do it...she says "mommy do" or "mommy gig it" (get it) Sometimes when we play games with her...like with a ball...it can be closer to her, but she will still say "mommy gig it" or "daddy gig it".
She has become very sweet about helping if she has hurt mommy....will give me kisses now on my ooowwee! She also loves to get kisses when she gets hurt. She will come over and tell me "hurt" or "oowwee" and point to it awaiting her kiss! I love getting to be the person to kiss away her hurts!
Every morning when she wakes up, Ty goes to get her and she said "mommy"! He brings her to our bed and she snuggles up as close as she can get to mommy! Heaven! Then she asks for "nilk"....yes for some reason she says nilk instead of milk. She says so many other words with "mmmm" sound but not milk. She will usually ask for Dora after a little snuggling! She will say "Dora Dora Boots On"!
Daddy turns on CNBC every morning and Kate says "daddy's work"....all the stock quotes, etc. on the screen! Kate loves to go downtown to daddy's work...which sounds a bit like daddy's gurk! ha ha She loves to get in his chair and pretend to talk on the phone.
She has started singing! We have taken daddy's car a little recently....we told her there's "no movies in daddy's car". So now she tells us "no movies daddy's car"....so she started singing along with a Ray LaMontagne song called "You Are The Best Thing"....(that ever happened to me!)......how appropriate!!! She says "baby...long day....baby"!
We have also been trying to get Kate fired up for football season! It's working! Daddy has the OSU fight song and some of the other songs the band plays on his iPhone and plays them a lot for Kate. She claps, waves the wheat, and now...the BEST which I promise to soon catch on video can do OOOOO SSSSS UUUUU Cowboys with her arms! (and says it while doing it!) She completely knows Pistol Pete when she sees him! There was a house in our neighborhood who had a Pistol Pete wreath on their front door and she loved to walk by that house on our walks! We are so excited to go to the football games this year! We hope that Kate will love it!
Another funny thing that cracks us up, is that when I leave her at Mom2Mom, church or even with my dad a couple of weekends ago.....when I pick her she tells me that she said "mommy" and makes this very destressed face! Now most of the time I find out that she was fine and not crying for me. She just likes to tell me that she was I guess! She does however drive people crazy because she will say "mommy go?" over and over and over again!
She loves to pretend to talk on the phone....when I ask her who she is talking to it is always "Mommy Guke" which is sounding more and more like "Mommy Luke"! (my sis Jennifer) If I ask what she is saying...she always replies "Ya Ya Ya"! When she answers, she says "Hello Mommy Luke...Yes...Uh huh..."
She is getting really good at filling in the end of sentences of her books or songs! She really likes "This Little Piggy" right now. Cracks me up so much when she says roast "beep"!
She is really enjoying her new toys and books that she got for her birthday! Tonight we tried her bubble machine...she loved that! She is loving "Chicka Chicka Boom Boom and The Very Hungry Caterpillar! She got a lot of mermaid stuff and she loves all of it! And she is loving her "Dora Dora Boots" cell phone.
The other day we were walking home from the duck pond and she wanted to "mun" aka run! So she told me to "mun to mailbox". Then we got there and wanted to run to "more mailbox"...all the way home! My own little personal trainer!
If I am going to go get her milk out of the refrigerator or take the trash out, she says "Me"! I finally realized she was saying that all the time bc I would ask do you want to go with me? So she says "me me me" and will try to jump into my arms!
Kate can do a really good summersault!
She is really into The Lion King right now...so she "roars" all the time! And loves to try to say Hakuna Matata!
Gosh, there are sooooooo many cute things she does! How can I remember to document all of them???? I guess that is why I take pictures everyday and take videos as much as I can! We can't get enough of this little girl! Too funny, too cute, too sweet.....
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Cute! Good post! Great age, most of the time.
Great post! Love the cute stories. :-)
Post a Comment